Searchable lists of specimens, illustrations, anthropological collections, and summary information about the National Museum of Natural History collections.
Museum Collection Records
All of our database holdings are currently being moved into a new Research and Collections Information System (RCIS), known as EMu. This system will allow us to provide access to more of our collections over the next several years.
Some data are still available from other systems. These are listed below:
- Maps Catalog
- National Anthropological Archives & Human Studies Film Archives
- US National Herbarium Wood Collection
Scientific Illustrations and Images
Information resources that support or are the products of taxonomic and nomenclatural research at the National Museum of Natural History.
- Species Lists of the Vertebrate Animals of the Guiana Shield
- Checklists of the Plants of the Guiana Shield
- Index Nominum Genericorum
- Integrated Taxonomic Information System (ITIS)
- Mammal Species of the World
- Spring Flowering Records for DC Flora
- World List of Marine, Freshwater and Terrestrial Isopod Crustaceans
- World of Copepods
Comprehensive lists of literature references compiled and/or maintained by National Museum of Natural History staff in selected areas of natural history research.
[ TOP ]