Return to Symposium Home Page
Poster Abstract Submission Form
[Note: Poster submission is complete.]
The National Museum of Natural History and the U.S. Botanic Garden is accepting abstracts for poster presentations for the 12th Smithsonian Botanical Symposium, “Location, Location, Location...New Advances in the Science of Biogeography”, which will be held April 24-25, 2014 in Washington, DC. Space is limited and will be accepted based upon the quality of the abstract and the order received. Deadline for submission extended until March 25.
- Abstracts must be submitted electronically between 1 February and 25 March 2014. [Poster submission is complete at this time]
- Abstract selections will be made by 28 March 2014. Notifications will be sent by email only.
- In order to be included in the Smithsonian Botanical Symposium program, all accepted presenters must be registered by 1 April 2014. Failing to comply with this rule will result in exclusion from the printed program.
- After you submit your abstract, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive an email, your abstract has not been received.
- Posters will be displayed on Thursday, April 24th at the U.S. Botanic Garden during the opening reception.
- Presenting authors are required to attend the poster session (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm) to take advantage of opportunities to discuss their work with symposium participants.
- Posters should be no larger than 30" x 40" (portrait orientation)
- Easels, foam board and binder clips will be provided for each accepted presenter.
- We will NOT provide a table, computers, monitors or other electronic equipment and cannot guarantee access to electricity for your presentation should it be required.