We are proud to offer a variety of top quality, delicious ingredients in our menus that focus on local, all-natural, organic, sustainable, made from scratch, and more. Look for all-natural and hormone-free pork, hormone-free milk, house-made soups, whole wheat pizza crust, and nitrate-free hot dogs, just to name a few. Seasonal ingredients are always featured, all eggs come from cage-free hens, and all desserts & pastries on our Bakery Table are made from scratch in our kitchen. Please see below for a list of our “green” offerings and initiatives.
For inquiries about our dining facilities, please contact the Management Team at 202.633.9501.
For menu information, see the Atrium Café Menu. Please note that menus are subject to change.
Featuring specialty coffees, gourmet sandwiches, fresh salads, homemade desserts, organic fruit, beer, wine and soft drinks.
Offering Ice cream, specialty coffees, and homemade desserts.
Hours of Operation
|Atrium Café||11:00am – 3:00pm|
|IMAX Café||10:00am – 5:00pm|
|Café Natural||11:00am – 5:00pm|
|Concessions||11:00am – 5:00pm|
When the Museum extends its hours to 7:30 PM, the following restaurants will also extend their hours:
- The Atrium Café will stay open until 5 PM.
- The IMAX Café will stay open until 7 PM.
- Café Natural will stay open until 7 PM.
For a list of these extended hours days, please see our Museum Hours page.
Locations of Cafes
Atrium Café & Ice Cream Bar: Ground Floor. See Map
The IMAX Café: 1st Floor by the IMAX Theater. See Map
Concessions: Outdoor Kiosks located on the steps of the Museum on the National Mall.
Commitment to our Local Community and the Planet
- Our menu is based upon locally sourced and seasonably available products.
- We feature Pineland Farms Burgers, which are hormone and antibiotic free.
- Pineland Farms is an agricultural co-op with local members in Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia.
- The BBQ beef brisket is also from Pineland Farms and is smoked in-house.
- All our pulled pork is made from Duroc All-Natural Pork.
- Our rotisserie chicken is all-natural.
- All of our sides are made in-house and feature local produce.
- Sandwiches are featured on artisanal breads from Lyon Bakery in Washington, DC.
- We roast and/or smoke our sandwich meats in-house.
- All our soup is made from scratch in-house.
- Our pizza is prepared on a whole wheat crust.
- The desserts & pastries on the bakery table are made from scratch in-house.
- We provide milk that is rBGH free.
- All our eggs come from cage-free hens.
- Plates, cups, cutlery, etc., are made from compostable materials.
- We compost all food scraps and trash from the cafés.
[ TOP ]