Q?rius jr. – a Discovery Room
At a Glance
Q?rius jr. Programs require reservations and special logistical considerations for school groups during the school year.
For families: Open Hours.
During Q?rius jr. programs, students interact with each other, Museum staff and volunteers around objects from the Museum’s collections to hone their scientific inquiry skills. Programs are developed from exhibition themes and emphasize comparing and contrasting objects, closely examining specimens such as fossils, skulls, and shells, and using evidence to draw conclusions.
Programs are available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from October to May. See logistics below for details.
School programs begin Tuesday, October 2, 2012. Please read the logistical information below carefully and then access the school program registration form.
Logistics for School Programs
- Capacity: Minimum of 15 students per class is required. Maximum number is 30 per class; two back-to-back classes are available.
- Days: During the school year through late May on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, beginning promptly at 10:15. For back-to-back classes, the second class will begin at 11:00.
- Length: Classes are 35-45 minutes depending on lesson and grade level.
- Chaperones Required: 1 per five students.
- Accommodations: We are able to accommodate most students with special needs. Please call for details: 202-633-1079.
Program Offerings for Homeschool Students
Q?rius jr. Kits for Homeschool Students:
Are you interested in a Q?rius jr. school program, but can’t get together a group of at least 15 students? Try out one of our self-guided Q?rius jr. Kits! Reserve a kit to explore with your children at your own pace: choose from Classifying Shells, Unearthing Egypt, Exploring Ecosystems, or Identifying Minerals. Each kit includes a detailed parent’s guide, kids’ handouts, and fascinating objects to discover. This is not a staff-led program, but there will be staff and volunteers on hand to help out. Available on Fridays between 10:30 am and 12:30pm. Reservations required: Call or email Cara Clark at (202) 633-1079 or email@example.com to reserve a kit.
Please call 202-633-1079 with additional questions about programs or logistics.
[ TOP ]